My summer.

For my very first blog of grade 8 school year I decided on writing all about my summer. this summer was the best I have had, I made a lot of great memories and did a ton of fun things, unfortunately the two months we had went by super fast.

The start of the summer, at the right beginning of the summer I believe a day or two after getting out of school I went to Brookes cabin in sandy lake for the long weekend. we left Thursday afternoon and got there kind of late. we did our general things like, tubing, walking home from town and boating. on I think Saturday we went to country fest in Dauphin not too far away. this was my first real ish concert and it was a rather good experience. we got rained on and were there till the show was over which was like 11. Brookes dad wanted wings and we waited for them for like a whole hour and they made Aidan sick and we had to stop a few times.. the trip back was long and me and Brooke fell asleep in the back. we also got to watch Canada day fire works on the boat and I saw my very first moose!

After getting home from the cabin Sunday night I packed more and went to beaver creek bible camp in the morning with Lorelai. we got there early Monday morning and got home Saturday morning. while at camp I got stung in the face by a wasp and nearly had to tap out on Thursday due to a swollen face and itchy arms. I pulled through and iced my face. we went kayaking every day and did other fun activities and games, plus they fed us super well.

As soon as getting home from camp my parents and I went to the city for dinner we went to the keg and the mall after. the next night I had Brooke over of course. she got a terrible nose bleed and we stayed up till the sunrise. most days I spent having non stop sleepovers switching houses and doing fun stuff with friends. some days I babysat for my little cousins all day and made a fair bit of money. it was super tiering but so worth it. some evenings Brooke and I went to viking motors and would fool around upstairs. one of the days we went boating from the Hanausa dock to riverton and got dinner and went for a swim. if it was ever too hot out Brooke and I would walk to her grandparents house and get ice- cream, even if they weren’t home. we went to Gimli for supper one day and to the beach after just for a walk and while mom wasn’t watching Brooke ran into the lake and went for a little swim. we also went into my basement for a few hours to binge watch “the summer I turned pretty” but ended up falling asleep. you could often find us chasing two bunnies through peoples yards too.we hung out with lots of different people and enjoyed taking after dinner walks when it was dark.

The bikes, one night when me and Brooke were going to go for a walk she decided we would take the electric bikes westshore sells instead, I was super nervous but got comfortable on it super fast and we went on a long ride and enjoyed it a lot. plus for the rest of the summer we went on bike rides.

Elk horn, not far from school starting for the weekend we were headed too elk horn resort. we left Thursday afternoon stopped in Winnipeg and got to Brandon at night. when we got to Brandon we stopped and got DQ and went to the house. I sort of fell in love with Brandon even ifs did just see a small part of it. Brooke and I did head stands on a hill for an hour and walked around in the dark. early in the morning we packed up and got back on the road to get to elk horn. once we got there we booked into a cabin not too far from the resort and Brooke and I got a separate side from parents and Aidan. we had our own room and tv plus bathroom across from our room. we mostly rode the electric bikes around clear lake and went for supper and got beaver tails. in the evening we went to the resort pool. we ran around the hotel for hours and had a ton of fun. when everyone was on there own Brooke and I would go in the same bike and rip around and go down this steep bumpy hill. leaving and going home was super sad considering how much fun we had that weekend.

For the rest of summer we just had sleepovers and tried to make the best out of the time we had left.i hung out with my friend Torin and went fishing a couple of times. we went back to school shopping with Brooke and we went off on our own in Costco and kept going back to the crapes food sample stand maybe ten times.

This concludes my summer blog

( hope it wasn’t too long)