for this weeks blog i will be talking about my Christmas.

basically Christmas for my family is chaos, it starts early Christmas eve day where we go to my Amma and grandpas in Garson about an hour and a half away. there we have dinner and open presents with my Amma, grandpa, 2 cousins, aunt and uncle, my mom and dad and brother. this year Christmas dinner is at 6 so were not going to be home till late. then on Christmas morning i wake up and open presents from my parents, Christmas morning isn’t as exciting as it used to be now that I’m older, so I’m probably just going to sleep in. by noon we then go to my nana and papas house to spend Christmas day with them. i cant rember if we eat dinner first or open presents first. but we still at a supper there and open presents and play family games. i have no cousins on that side of my family ( so me and my brother get it all from nana and papa). we usually leave there place super late to end of Christmas. on boxing day we usually go to Winnipeg and go to a jets game or something but i doubt my parents are up for it this year. on new years we just stay home or go to my nana and papas and watch movies till midnight and eat take out, but i believe this year I’m going to Lorelais. on new years day we go to my cousins house and she has 2 kids that are 2 and 4. we spend kind of Christmas with them and some of our other family from that side. after new years Christmas is officially over. although I’m super sad i wont be spending any of it with Brooke and my “second family”.

What i asked for, usually i just ask for one big thing like last year i got a dog. this year i didn’t feel like anything so i just asked for smaller items, some of those items are, a heated blanket, books, some clothes’, shoes and stuff like that. obviously Christmas isn’t about the presents as its more the food and i guess spending time with family. as i get older the less i actually care about the gifts but there always a nice bonus of Christmas.

Christmas tradition. we don’t have very many family Christmas traditions but i could probably come up with a few. as i explained in the first part we go to my amma and grandpas (my dads side of the family) Christmas eve an moms side on Christmas day and then my cousins on new years day. we have been doing it that way my whole life so i would consider it a tradition. another tradition is my nana always pulls out the nice kitchen wear and table cloth and makes the tabel fancy, we also always have Christmas crackers at dinner. my own family tradition is watching “its a wonderful life” the black an white Christmas movie and we get a new bell for the tree every year, as a quote from the movie is “every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings”. we also  always watch “a Christmas storie” which is by far my favourite Christmas movie. 

that concludes my christmas blog.